Last updated 7/28/21
(If you are a user having your usual residence in the US)
- What Personal Data we collect and why we collect it
- How we use Personal Data
- Who we share Personal Data with
- The choices we offer, including how to access, update, and remove Personal Data
SoCoYoGo operates SoCoYoGo.com (“Site”) and may operate other websites. The Platform is provided and controlled by The Pueblo Department of Public Health and Environment (“Organization Name”, “we” or “us”).
If you are between 13 and 18 years old, we have prepared a separate summary of this policy and what it means for you.
Information do we collect?
We collect information when you create an account or use the Platform. We also collect information you share with us, and technical and behavioral information about your use of the Platform. We also collect information contained in the messages you send through our Platform.
We collect and use the following information about you:
Your Profile Information
You give us information when you register on the Platform, including your username, date of birth, email address and/or telephone number, information you disclose in your user profile and your photograph or profile image.
User Content and Behavioral Information
We process the content you generate and view on the Platform, including preferences you set (such as choice of how you are contacted), photographs and activities you upload, comments you make (“User Content”). We collect information through surveys, challenges and competitions in which you participate. We also collect information regarding your use of the Platform, e.g. how you engage with the Platform, including how often you use the Platform and how you interact with content we show you, the rewards you earn and redeem, content you watch and problems encountered, the content you like, the content you share, the words you search and the users you follow.
We infer your interests, gender and age for the purpose of personalizing content. If you have consented, we will use this information for the purpose of serving personalized advertising, rewards and other communications.
We review User Content for content moderation purposes to enforce our community guidelines, comply with legal obligations, and prevent and respond to abuse, fraud, illegal activity and other potentially harmful content on the Platform.
Where local laws allow us to, we collect and process your messages, which includes scanning and analyzing the information in those messages through the Platform’s messaging functionality. That information includes the content of the message and information about when the message has been sent, received and/or read, as well as the participants in the communication.
We do this to prevent and block spam, prevent and detect crime, safeguard children (where this is in the substantial public interest) or to protect the interests of our users and other people.
Please also be aware that messages sent to other users of the Platform will be accessible by those users and that we are not responsible for how those users use or disclose them.
Information from Third Parties
You may choose to share certain data with us from third parties or, through your use of the Platform, we may collect such third-party data automatically.
If you choose to register to use the Platform using your social media account details (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google), you will provide us or allow your social network to provide us with your username and public profile. We will likewise share certain information with the relevant social network such as your app ID, access token and the referring URL.
We use information provided by our measurement partners, to understand how you’ve interacted with our ad partners’ websites and better assess the effectiveness of the functionality on our Platform.
When you use the Platform on a mobile device, we will collect information about your location to customize your experience. We infer your approximate location based on your IP address. In certain jurisdictions, we may also collect Global Positioning System data.
We offer users a loyalty style program (the SoCoYoGo Rewards Program) that provides certain perks, such as rewards and exclusive offers. We may also provide other programs such as sweepstakes, contests or other similar promotional campaigns (collectively, the “Programs”). If you join the platform, we use information (such as email address, name and/or telephone number) collected to administer the SoCoYoGo Rewards Program and to perform our contract to provide you with the benefits associated with the program. We also use this information to detect security incidents and to protect against malicious, deceptive, or fraudulent activity in connection with SoCoYoGo’s terms and conditions.
We keep a record of the rewards you earn and redeem, the activity logs to earning rewards, the time at which you make those redemptions and the amount spent so that we can credit your account with the correct value in coins.
User contact information (name, email address or telephone number) may be shared with the third-party business partners who are offering the reward to facilitate reward redemption.
Information you provide to us
We collect information you provide us in response to a survey. If you respond to a SoCoYoGo survey, your individual responses will be used for the purpose of the survey and will be shared with other organizations, as explained to you when you participate in a survey. We may also use aggregate data from these surveys in the same way.
We also collect information you provide to us in correspondence.
Proof of your identity or age
We sometimes ask you to provide proof of identity or age to use certain features, such as Messaging or joining Groups with age restrictions.
Information you choose to provide
For certain activities, such as when you register, upload content to the Platform, or contact us directly, you may provide some or all the following information:
- Registration information, such as age, username and password, language, and email or phone number
- Profile information, such as name, social media account information, and profile image
- User-generated content, including comments, photographs, audio recordings, videos, and virtual item videos that you choose to create with or upload to the Platform (“User Content”). We collect User Content through pre-loading at the time of creation, import, or upload, regardless of whether you choose to save or upload that User Content, in order to recommend audio options and provide other personalized recommendations.
- Content, including text, images, and video, found in your device’s clipboard, with your permission. For example, if you choose to initiate content sharing with a third-party platform, or choose to paste content from the clipboard into the SoCoYoGo App, we access this information stored in your clipboard in order to fulfill your request.
- Payment information, including payment card numbers or other third-party payment information (such as PayPal) where required for the purpose of payment.
- Your phone and social network contacts, with your permission.
- Your opt-in choices and communication preferences.
- Information to verify an account such as proof of identity or age.
- Information in correspondence you send to us.
- Information you share through surveys or your participation in challenges, sweepstakes, or contests such as your gender, age, likeness, and preferences.
Information we obtain from other sources
Social Media and Login Services. If you choose to link or sign up using a third-party social network or login service (such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or Google), we may collect information from these services, including your contact lists for these services and information relating to your use of the Platform in relation to these services. If you link your SoCoYoGo account to another service, we may receive information about your use of that service.
Third-Party Services. We may collect information about you from third-party services, such as advertising partners, data providers, and analytics providers.
Other Users of the Platform. Sometimes other users of the Platform may provide us information about you, including through customer service inquiries.
Other Sources. We may collect information about you from other publicly available sources.
Information we collect automatically
We automatically collect certain information from you when you use the Platform, including internet or other network activity information such as your IP address, geolocation-related data (as described below), unique device identifiers, browsing and search history (including content you have viewed in the Platform), and Cookies (as defined below).
We collect information regarding your use of the Platform and any other User Content that you generate through or upload to our Platform.
When you visit the Platform, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically collected information as “Device Information.”
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- Cookies are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- Log files track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- Google Analytics, “events” and “pixels” that records traffic-related information and how you interact with the site.
- User Content: to the extent that you choose to input Personal Data as part of such content, images, comments, and other content, information, and materials that you post to or through the Service.
We collect information about your approximate location, including location information based on your SIM card and/or IP address. With your permission, we may also collect precise location data (such as GPS).
We collect and process, which includes scanning and analyzing, information you provide when you compose, send, or receive messages through the Platform’s messaging functionality. That information includes the content of the message and information about when the message has been sent, received and/or read, as well as the participants of the communication. Please be aware that messages sent to other users of the Platform will be accessible by those users and that we are not responsible for the way those users use or disclose messages.
When you upload or create User Content, you automatically upload certain metadata that is connected to the User Content. Metadata describes other data and provides information about your User Content that will not always be evident to the viewer. In connection with your User Content the metadata can describe how, when, where, and by whom the piece of User Content was created, collected, or modified and how that content is formatted. It also includes information, such as your account name, that enables other users to trace back the User Content to your user account. Additionally, metadata includes data that you choose to provide with your User Content, e.g. any hashtags used to mark keywords to the video and captions.
How we use your information
As explained below, we use your information to improve, support and administer the Platform, to allow you to use its functionalities, and to fulfill and enforce our Terms of Service. We may also use your information to, among other things, show you suggestions, promote the Platform, and customize your overall experience.
We generally use the information we collect:
- To fulfill requests for products, services, Platform functionality, support and information for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical, and survey purposes and to solicit your feedback
- To customize the content you see when you use the Platform. For example, we may provide you with services based on the zip code settings you have chosen or show you content that is similar to content that you like or interacted with
- To send promotional materials from us or on behalf of our affiliates and trusted third parties
- To improve and develop our Platform and conduct product development
- To measure and understand the effectiveness of the rewards we serve to you and others and to deliver rewards
- To make suggestions and provide a customized experience
- To support the social functions of the Platform, including to permit you and other users to connect with each other through the Platform and for you and other users to share, download, and otherwise interact with User Content posted through the Platform
- To use User Content as part of our advertising and marketing campaigns to promote the Platform
- To understand how you use the Platform, including across your devices
- To infer additional information about you, such as your age, gender, and interests
- To help us detect abuse, fraud, and illegal activity on the Platform
- To prove your identity to use certain features, such as messaging and groups, ensure that you are old enough to use the Platform (as required by law), or in other instances where verification may be required
- To communicate with you, including to notify you about changes in our services
- To announce you as a winner of our contest, sweepstakes, or promotions if permitted by the promotion rule, and to send you any applicable prizes
- To enforce our terms, conditions, and policies
- Consistent with your permissions, to provide you with location-based services, such as advertising and other personalized content
- To inform our algorithms
- To combine all the information we collect or receive about you for any of the foregoing purposes
- For any other purposes disclosed to you at the time we collect your information or pursuant to your consent.
- To facilitate sales, promotion, and purchases of goods and services and to provide user support
How we share your information
We are committed to maintaining your trust, and while SoCoYoGo does not sell personal information to third parties, we want you to understand when and with whom we may share the information we collect for business purposes.
Service Providers and Business Partners
We share the categories of personal information listed above with service providers and business partners to help us perform business operations and for business purposes, including research, payment processing and transaction fulfillment, database maintenance, administering contests and special offers, technology services, deliveries, sending communications, advertising, analytics, measurement, data storage and hosting, disaster recovery, search engine optimization, marketing, and data processing. These service providers and business partners may include:
- Payment processors and transaction fulfillment providers, who may receive the information you choose to provide, the information we obtain from other sources, and the information we collect automatically but who do not receive your message data.
- Customer and technical support providers, who may receive the information you choose to provide, the information we obtain from other sources, and the information we collect automatically.
- Research providers, who may receive the information you choose to provide, the information we obtain from other sources, and the information we collect automatically but would not receive your payment information or message data.
- Cloud providers, who may receive the information you choose to provide, the information we obtain from other sources, and the information we collect automatically.
- Advertising, marketing, and analytics vendors, who may receive the information you choose to provide, the information we obtain from other sources, and the information we collect automatically but would not receive your payment information or message data.
Within Our Corporate Group
We may share all of the information we collect with a parent, subsidiary, or other affiliate of our corporate group.
In Connection with a Sale, Merger, or Other Business Transfer
We may share all of the information we collect in connection with a substantial corporate transaction, such as the sale of a website, a merger, consolidation, asset sales, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
For Legal Reasons
We may disclose any of the information we collect to respond to subpoenas, court orders, legal process, law enforcement requests, legal claims, or government inquiries, and to protect and defend the rights, interests, safety, and security of SoCoYoGo Inc., the Platform, our affiliates, users, or the public. We may also share any of the information we collect to enforce any terms applicable to the Platform, to exercise or defend any legal claims, and comply with any applicable law.
With Your Consent
We may share your information for other purposes pursuant to your consent or at your direction.
If you access third-party services, such as Facebook, Google, or Twitter, to login to the Platform or to share information about your usage on the Platform with others, these third-party services may be able to collect information about you, including information about your activity on the Platform, and they may notify your connections on the third-party services about your use of the Platform, in accordance with their privacy policies. If you choose to allow a third-party service to access your account, we will share certain information about you with the third party. Depending on the permissions you grant, the third party may be able to obtain your account information and other information you choose to provide.
If you choose to engage in public activities on the Platform, you should be aware that any information you share may be read, collected, or used by other users. You should use caution in disclosing personal information while using the Platform. We are not responsible for the information you choose to submit.
You may submit a request to access or delete the information we have collected about you by sending your request to us at the email or physical address provided in the Contact section at the bottom of this policy. You may be entitled, in accordance with applicable law, to submit a request through an authorized agent. To designate an authorized agent to exercise choices on your behalf, please provide evidence that you have given such agent power of attorney or that the agent otherwise has valid written authority to submit requests to exercise rights on your behalf. We will respond to your request consistent with applicable law and subject to proper verification. We will verify your request by asking you to send it from the email address associated with your account or to provide information necessary to verify your account. We do not discriminate based on the exercise of any privacy rights that you might have.
- You may be able to control some of the information we collect by adjusting your browser settings to refuse or disable Cookies. Because each browser is different, please consult the instructions provided by your browser. Please note that you may need to take additional steps to refuse or disable certain types of Cookies. In addition, your choice to disable cookies is specific to the particular browser or device that you are using when you disable cookies, so you may need to separately disable cookies for each type of browser or device. If you choose to refuse, disable, or delete Cookies, some of the functionality of the Platform may no longer be available to you. Without this information, we are not able to provide you with all the requested services.
- Depending on the version of the Platform you are using, you may be able to decide whether you see certain types of interest-based advertising on the Platform by visiting your in-app settings.
- You may be able to manage third-party advertising preferences for some of the third parties we work with to serve advertising across the Internet by using the choices available at https://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp and https://www.aboutads.info/choices.
- Your device may have controls that determine what information we collect or how we can use that information. For example, you can control whether we can use your mobile advertising identifier for advertising through settings on your Apple and Android devices.
- You can opt out of marketing or advertising emails by using the “unsubscribe” link or mechanism noted in marketing or advertising emails.
- If you previously chose to share precise location information, you can prevent your device from sharing precise location information (e.g. GPS location information) with the Platform at any time through your device’s operating system settings.
- If you have registered for an account, you may access, review, and update certain personal information that you have provided to us by logging into your account and using available features and functionalities.
- Some browsers transmit “do-not-track” signals to websites. Because of differences in how browsers incorporate and activate this feature, we currently do not act in response to these signals.
Security and Storage
We use reasonable measures to help protect information from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. You should understand that no data storage system or transmission of data over the Internet or any other public network can be guaranteed to be 100 percent secure. Please note that information collected by third parties may not have the same security protections as information you submit to us, and we are not responsible for protecting the security of such information.
SoCoYoGo may transmit your data to its servers or data centers outside of the United States for storage and/or processing. Third parties with whom SoCoYoGo may share your data as described herein may be located outside of the United States.
The Platform is not directed at children under the age of 13. If we become aware that personal information has been collected on the Platform from a person under the age of 13 we will delete this information and terminate the person’s account. If you believe that we have collected information from a child under the age of 13 on the Platform, contact us at: email@example.com.
Sharing for Direct Marketing Purposes (Shine the Light)
If you are a California resident, once a calendar year, you may be entitled to obtain information about personal information that we shared, if any, with other businesses for their own direct marketing uses. If applicable, this information would include the categories of customer information, as well as the names and addresses of those businesses with which we shared customer information for the immediately prior calendar year. To submit a request, contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Content Removal for Users Under 18
Users of the Platform who are California residents and are under 18 years of age may request and obtain removal of User Content they posted by contacting us at: email@example.com.. All requests must be labeled “California Removal Request” on the email subject line. All requests must provide a description of the user Content you want removed and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate that User Content. We do not accept California Removal Requests via postal mail, telephone, or facsimile. We are not responsible for notices that are not labeled or sent properly, and we may not be able to respond if you do not provide adequate information. Please note that your request does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of the material. For example, materials that you have posted may be republished or reposted by another user or third party.
Questions, comments and requests regarding this policy should be addressed to:
- Mailing Address:
Pueblo Department of Public Health and Environment
Attn: SoCoYoGo 101 W 9th St, Pueblo, CO 81003
- Contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
The SoCoYoGo experience for Younger Users is designed especially for users 13-18 years old residing in the United States. The experience allows these users to engage with SoCoYoGo’s fun social and reward features while limiting the information collected from them. Younger users can view content from other users and receive rewards for logging their activities. Younger Users also have a more limited interactive experience: for example, they can’t exchange messages with other users, and other users can only view their profiles if they are connected to the user.
What information do we collect from Younger Users?
When a Younger User registers for SoCoYoGo, we collect only limited information, including username, password, and birthday.
We may also collect certain information automatically from the user’s device, including internet or other network activity information such as device ID, IP address, web browser type and version, country-level location, as well as certain app activity data, such as activity logs, time in the app, and general usage data.
How do we use the information we collect?
We use the information we collect to provide and support our services. For example, we use username and password to authenticate Younger Users. We may use the information that is collected automatically to provide personalized content; perform analytics and troubleshoot; protect the security or integrity of the user and our service; and ensure legal or regulatory compliance.
Users under the age of 13 cannot publicly share personal information, including images, activity information, videos or profile information. Users 13-18 may opt into sharing their profile information with others or only to those they are connected with on the platform.
How do we share the information we collect?
We share the information we collect with our local business partners, mentoring and youth group partners and with service providers as necessary for them to perform a business purpose, professional service, or technology support function for us.
We may disclose personal information if permitted or required by law (i) in response to a court order or a subpoena; (ii) in response to a law enforcement or public agency’s (including schools or children services) request; (iii) if we believe disclosure may prevent the instigation of a crime, facilitate an investigation related to public safety or protect the safety of Younger Users using our sites or applications; (iv) to protect the security or integrity of our sites, applications, and other technology, as well as the technology of our service providers; or (v) enable us to take precautions against liability.
The security of your information
We take steps to ensure that your information is treated securely and in accordance with this policy. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your information, for example, by encryption, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted through the Platform; any transmission is at your own risk.
We have appropriate technical and organizational measures to ensure a level of security appropriate to the risk of varying likelihood and severity for the rights and freedoms of you and other users. We maintain these technical and organizational measures and will amend them from time to time to improve the overall security of our systems.
SoCoYoGo does not sell the information of Younger Users to third parties.
You may submit a request to access or delete the information we have collected about you by sending your request to us at the email or physical address provided in the Contact section at the bottom of this policy. We will respond to your request consistent with applicable law and subject to proper verification. And we do not discriminate based on the exercise of any privacy rights that you might have.
We will generally notify all users of any material changes to this policy, through a notice on the platform. However, users should look at this policy regularly to check for any changes. We will also update the “Last Updated” date at the top of this policy, which reflects the effective date of such policy.
Questions, comments and requests regarding this policy should be addressed to:
- Mailing Address:
Pueblo Department of Public Health and Environment
Attn: SoCoYoGo 101 W 9th St, Pueblo, CO 81003
- Contact us: email@example.com